If your tooth’s structure has been significantly damaged or compromised by decay, Drs. Eric Sesselmann Sr. and Eric Sesselmann Jr. may recommend a dental crown. You can learn more about this proven restoration by calling Sesselmann Dental Association at 231-798-3431 and arranging a consultation with our dentists. We are confident we can repair your tooth with a dental crown in Norton Shores and Muskegon, Michigan.
A dental crown is a dental restoration that may be recommended to:
- Restore a tooth that is badly damaged or decayed
- Protect a tooth that has had root canal treatment
- Cover and restore a dental implant
- Anchor a dental bridge
- Improve the appearance of a misshapen tooth
- Enhance your smile’s appearance
- Strengthen a weak or fractured tooth
- Support a large dental filling
A dental crown is custom made to fit over the entire visible part of the tooth. The crown can restore the shape, size, appearance and function of the tooth. A dental crown can be made of gold, porcelain or porcelain fused to metal. Porcelain crowns are a popular choice as the shade can be matched to the natural color of the teeth. When you come in for your consultation, our dentists will help you decide which type of dental crown is best for you. Contact our office today to book your consultation!